Terms

Sun, 05 Nov 2000 16:23:53 -0600

Albertien,
At 15:22 11/05/2000 +0100, you wrote:
>At 13:07 3-11-00 -0700, you wrote:
> >   My two sons restore pianos at the Chinook Keyboard  Museum in Calgary
> >under the  guidance of Bill Garlick. They are currently rebuilding  a
> >Pleyel Duo Clave.

> > It is to our knowledge one of maybe 6 known to exist. Vintage is 1913.
>
>I remember there also was one in Paris or Versailles, that makes 4. Do you
>know the whereabouts of the others?

There is a Duo Clave at the Schubert Club in St Paul, Minnesota, USA.  I
last saw it about three years ago and it was not on display.  It has a
couple nasty cracks in the plate as I recall. The curator there, Dick
Sorenson (sp?), would be the one to contact for particulars.
http://www.schubert.org/

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer - Luther College, Decorah, IA
Ignorance doesn't kill you, but it will make you sweat a lot.-Haitian proverb