broken string in Ricca piano

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 15:39:18 -0800 (PST)

I have a broken string (B27) -- two strings/note in a
Ricca & Son Player piano (player action has been
removed) serial number 37123.  The string broke at the
end of the hitch pin loop winding.  Does anyone know
whether I should try to repair the string (I had my
hands in the bottom of the piano and pushed on the
string and it broke -- I wasn't tuning it at the time
-- thankfully I didn't cut myself), or should I
replace it?  If replacing it is the better option,
does anyone know if Ricca and Son are still in
business or where could I get a replacement string?