Yamaha U1 touchweight

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 08:01:54 -0600

lancelafargue@bellsouth.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Kristinn Leifsson
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 5:34 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Yamaha U1 touchweight

What about this,

for increasing leverage on the *whippen*, manipulate the capstan wire (if
present) in such a way that the capstan touches the whippen closer to you
than it did before.
Would you think this to be a bad idea?
It wouldn´t have to be really tipped or anything but I wonder if this would
increase the wear and tear on the overlying felt.

Best regards,

Kristinn Leifsson,
Reykjavík, Iceland