Re: Newton´s FIBULA

Thu, 02 Nov 2000 06:42:09 -0600

Robin,

You wrote:
>Kristinn, here in the USA piano tuners don't have a sense of humor. I
>mean, just look at the total lack of topical political humor on the list
>lately.

Au contraire.  I have a number of private posts, and have deleted MANY
more, from denisons of this list and they run the gamut of topics.

Kristinn,

>Oh, ja, ja, keep forgetting.
>
>Actually I think it´s a good thing to keep domestic politics out of the
>list, ....

Yes, Kristinn, you are right.  The historical temperment of this list, in
order to retain a well ordered technical discourse, has been to refrain
from political discussions which easily reverse a well-meant comment into a
mean toned argument.

Relationships built on this list could be shattered by political or
religious comments.

Conrad Hoffsommer - mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
then used against you.