(no subject)

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 03:59:01 EST

I'm not sure what gremlin is deleting my quote of Clark.  On the repost I
typed Clark's words in to be sure (instead of copy/paste which got deleted in
the post).  Still deleted, like this (as long as the quotes remain):

<>

So I'll try one last time, and go to bed.

Clark wrote:

"I see little option but to stay as close as possible to the original with
antique instruments."

I answered:

"It seems right.  The tough part here is that since the 1860's and 1870's
 Steinways were very modern in most respects.  IF the main difference is in
 pitch, and IF is established that they are built for a very high pitch, the
 the pianos can be very usable instruments when the adjustments are made for
 this in rebuilding.   I have less problem doing this on my Style 2 because
 the cabinet was so modernized 75 years ago, but it becomes a real issue if
 the piano is pretty much original."

 Bill Shull, RPT