Pianodisc vs QRS pianomation

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 22:31:38 -0500

my buddy Dave Bunch said:

> Heck no. Sell them a QRS and they can have the ancient technology >right
up
> front. Why wait five years for it?

ouch..now that one hit home..I WILL chime in now..QRS has a store here in
Beautiful SW Fla. where they do lots of installs for the local dealers and
private owners..I am one of the people who also does installs of the QRS AND
ConcertMaster(essentially the same unit plus the Hard Drive and Record
Strip)..now these people at QRS have been nothing short of extremely tech
friendly and nice people to work with since Day One of my beginnings with
Players..I have pretty strong opinions myself about PianoDisc and their
'service' department, and I am trying to keep my opinion under wraps..PD is
a good system, no doubt, but from my experiences, it does have a higher rate
of customer complaints than does the QRS...I have only done 4 PD installs
and over a dozen QRS/Pianomation or ConcertMaster Installs..without doing
the math, I would say I have more QRS customers in my database than I do
PianoDisc(obviously I have more customers than the installs I have
personally done), and the rate of customer 'concerns' is higher with
PD......as for QRS's KeyHold instead of a Pedal Solenoid, I have gone round
and round on more than one occasion with Don Dolan(QRS) about my feelings on
this..I believe KeyHold is bull..if I were a customer, I would want to see
those dampers lift. This 'sound' compared to KeyHold  is no comparison..a
pedal solenoid is no big deal to install and maintain.

How did the Pneumatic Players handle Sustain? KeyHold?..I don't know..maybe
this is what QRS is thinking with their technology, since they did write
alot of the piano rolls..I don't know...like I said, I don't like
KeyHold..but I can't say that QRS's technology is "outdated" when the
customer complaint log is far less than that of its competitor.

I believe the DC area needs a PD tech, not a QRS tech..

nuff said,
Rook