Pianodisc vs QRS pianomation

PDtek@AOL.COM PDtek@AOL.COM
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 21:07:47 EST

In a message dated 11/1/00 6:50:19 PM Central Standard Time,
carolrpt@hotmail.com writes:

<< If you were to contact PianoDisc for
 parts for a PD32 system, they would just laugh and tell you to have your
 customer upgrade their system! >>

Personally, I have had no problems getting what I needed.

>>I have no intention of learning to do PD installs, since I would have to do
this for a dealer, and they always want a discounted price on a tech's
labor.  No thank you!<<

I have never discounted my install prices to dealers. The going rate provides
a tech who works efficiently a very good profit.

>>And I certainly would not want to sell a system that
the manufacturer considered "ancient technology" after 5 years! <<

Heck no. Sell them a QRS and they can have the ancient technology right up
front. Why wait five years for it?

 >>I prefer to refer the work to someone more
experienced.<<

Fair enough.

>>My concern is that the most experienced people I know, who actually did
MANY
installations when they worked for the dealer, no longer are willing to
service the PianoDisc systems.Why?<<

Lazy, incompetent, just don't wanna do it?

>> From the calls I get, when that dealer
does send a technician, they are unable to fix the problem. Why?<<

Lazy, incompetent, just don't wanna do it? Hard to say. The system is not
particularly difficult to repair.

>>It doesn't help the reputations of any of us to have customers sitting out
there with piano-playing systems that won't play and cannot be properly
serviced. <<

Agreed

>>So help me out and recommend someone!<<

If no one on the list from your area sees this, you can call PianoDisc. They
have the tech list.

Dave Bunch