Army Everett

Lynn Rosenberg Lynn@eznet.net
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 12:53:35 -0500

Hi Paul, I have obtained pianos similar of what you described.  Is it =
one of those blond whit or lime oak cases?? If it's a school piano, no =
problem refinishing it.  They strip that crap off and do it in a natural =
oak finish.  Got one from a school last year for $75, refinished it, =
reconditioned action and keys and sold it for $2500.  Lynn Rosenberg

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Paul=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 8:32 AM
  Subject: Army Everett

  List
  Did some work on an Everett Model 11 factory finished in olive =
drab-the only color the army knew. Serial #125243 (or close to that). It =
appears to have been contracted in this finish because all the case =
panels are painted on both sides this color. It even had the original =
packing wedge holding the knee panel in place. Customer wanted to =
refinish it. I told her that may be a mistake. The veneer telegraphing =
looked like a mix of maple and mahogany. If she stripped it she'd =
probably have some reveneering to do. Also, it may de-value the piano. =
The case and action showed only slight wear-pitch was A440. She bought =
it from a Bureau of Indian Affairs elementary school sale. It has a mark =
"1st grade" on the soundboard between the back posts. She remembers the =
piano being played once or twice a week. I didn't get her connection =
with the school (she's not Native American). Does any one know Everett's =
history with Army pianos? Does this instrument have any value (other =
than her sentimental attachment) above an average market value? Just =
curious

  Paul Chick