Army Everett

Paul tunenbww@clear.lakes.com
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 07:32:17 -0600

List
Did some work on an Everett Model 11 factory finished in olive drab-the =
only color the army knew. Serial #125243 (or close to that). It appears =
to have been contracted in this finish because all the case panels are =
painted on both sides this color. It even had the original packing wedge =
holding the knee panel in place. Customer wanted to refinish it. I told =
her that may be a mistake. The veneer telegraphing looked like a mix of =
maple and mahogany. If she stripped it she'd probably have some =
reveneering to do. Also, it may de-value the piano. The case and action =
showed only slight wear-pitch was A440. She bought it from a Bureau of =
Indian Affairs elementary school sale. It has a mark "1st grade" on the =
soundboard between the back posts. She remembers the piano being played =
once or twice a week. I didn't get her connection with the school (she's =
not Native American). Does any one know Everett's history with Army =
pianos? Does this instrument have any value (other than her sentimental =
attachment) above an average market value? Just curious

Paul Chick