A question for those well versed in the realm of string scales

Kenneth Zahringer zahrprice@earthlink.net
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:08:14 -0600

> My question is:  Is this abnormal?  I haven't done that much restringing but
> I always thought the diameters were supposed to keep decreasing (or
> increasing from the other way).

It's not unheard of on a piano that small, particularly around the breaks.  I
recently restrung a Wegman about that size and had to do that at the
tenor/treble break because the bridge didn't "dogleg" at the plate strut to
maintain an even speaking length progression.  PScale was a big help in sorting
everything out.

Ken Zahringer, RPT
Columbia, MO