Plate Bushings - was Re: Bushing vs. bigger pin?

Mon, 29 May 2000 22:13:23 +0200

LOL... well I certainly aggree with the comments relating to the God myth
"Steinway Tech", tho I certainly listen to what they have to say, if for no
other reason then for edification.

As for your comparison of bushed pins to pins riding on the plate... hmm I
am not so sure.. tho I see where you are coming from for sure. As to the
force exerted on the pinblock in general.. 250 some pins with all that
string weight on them gotta exert some force for sure, and its easy enough
to imagine the circumstance as these fellows describe.. seems to make
sense, tho as I stated in the last post I am not sure just how big a deal
it all is. I suppose one could easily enough put together a makeshift
simulation that would show actually what goes on ..

btw... the Easter bunny just happens to be a personal friend of mine..

--
Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.