Plate Bushings - was Re: Bushing vs. bigger pin?

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 29 May 2000 10:00:46 EDT

In a message dated 5/29/2000 2:28:18 AM, Brian wrote:

<<"So I have to wonder if blaming the tuning pin bushing for tuning stability

problems isn't faulty logic to begin with??">>

Brian;
 Tuning pin hole plate bushings serve 'one' function...they fill up the
excess hole and look pretty. :-)  Any thing other than that is accidental. I
have no doubt that they do add 'some' stability vis a vis "flagpoling"
but......in the event that a pinblock would move enough to crush all the
bushings to the point of affecting the block movement there are much more
severe problems with that block than any amount of bushings could even begin
to address............. "folk lore" and "common knowledge" notwithstanding.
:-)
Jim Bryant (FL)