pin driving fluid

Sun, 28 May 2000 07:42:14 -0400

JimB -

Reporting in after my first restringing job using phenolic varnish as a
driving fluid...

Fantastic! is the word that comes to mind.  You are right, instead of
driving like a Cadillac, it drives like a Ferrari.  After 3 days and a
couple tunings the pins are all uniformly tight and tuning with a feel of
increased precision.  I left the uppermost dozen holes in the block
untreated, and the difference is quite tangible.

I AM glad you warned of them feeling too loose for a couple days!  Could
give you a panic attack if you didn't know.....

Thanks.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com