Plastic elbows

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sat, 27 May 2000 22:11:33 -0400

Terry,

Replacing elbows with the snap-on Vagias type is pretty straight forward.
Remove the remnants of the old elbow from each sticker wire.  The larger part of
the elbow is usually still attached to the wippen.  I break them off sideways,
but be careful if you do it this way.  You can end up breaking the thin parts of
the wippen at the center pin, and it will take more time to repair that.  Then I
use a needle-nose pliers to crush out the remainder around the pin.  I'm sure
some on this list would advocate only wooden elbows, but I've had no trouble
with the plastic ones.

Screw the sticker wires into the new elbows, press them on the center pin,
adjust lost motion and you're ready to go, if the grommets are okay.

I just paid for a set of elbows today, which cost me about $24 including
shipping.  I also bought 100 square fiber/rubber grommets which cost me about
$28 with shipping.  I'm sure the doughnut-shaped ones are even less.

Regards,
Clyde