The Trouble with Trebels

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Sat, 27 May 2000 00:57:04 EDT

Dear Friends and Fellow Technicians,

Today I serviced a Trebel Studio for a Philippine family.  It has parts from
Germany, but they claim it was assembled in the Philippines. I did not see it
listed in the piano atlas.

I gave it a 60 cents pitch raise, and a fine tuning. Several of the hammers
were not lined up,  bumping with the neighbors and the flange screws
(philips) were loose.  Many of the tuning pins were loose and almost did not
hold a pitch. The regulation was poor and the case in my opinion was poorly
made.

She asked me why the piano had these problems. My first thought is that it
could be a design flaw. Or that she had it shipped from the Phillipines and
the difference in humidity could cause the problems.

Have any of you ever serviced this brand of piano? Did you have the same
results? What is your opinion of them?  This inquiring mind wants to know.

Thanks in advance.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR