Aftertouch Question

Dan & Martha Reed thepianoarts@home.com
Fri, 26 May 2000 01:18:48 -0500

Terry,

I like to regulate with a close let-off and minimum drop also. It makes for
a wide dynamic range, and fast repeating. Two additional specs to
consider...  If the rep lever pinning is too light, the sprung lever will
dump all of its energy too quickly. This symptom you are describing, can
force one to lower the spring tension, but still have to put up with a jumpy
hammer. This problem you are describing is especially noticable when
regulating old worn actions. Chech the resistance of the rep lever pinnng,
and try pinning one lever a little tighter to compare. You wil then be able
to dial up the spring tension, but get a slower but stronger transfer of
energy. This trick I learned from Craig Waldrop, who has lots of experience
with S&$ regulation.
Please let me know what your result was.

Thanks,

Dan Reed
Richardson, Texas

thepianoarts@home.com