Midnight Puzzler

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 23:00:10 -0400

The DeFacto Chair, Jim Bryant (FL) said in part (and this is the part I respond to,)

>Dear Sir;
> As we take all claims of "foul" seriously the foul committee has reviewed
>your claim. Upon diligent and due deliberation the following facts are
>transparently clear.
>
> 1. No one said that you were wrong... the terminology used was "not correct".

>Note the foul committee had no little difficulty deciphering the following:
><<"Regardless of and in which ever way, this_was a "fallboard misalignment.
>Worm or missing rubber doo-hickeys are every bit as important as misplaced
>hinges.">>
>2."Alingment" will not be addressed, see response line #1.
>2.a. The Committee is frightfully unknowledgable on the matter of "rubber
>doo-hickeys for Worms" further explanation is requested. As for "missing
>rubber Worm doo-hickeys...it is the committees firm resolution that one
>should be careful of what one does with ones' Worms' doo-hickey with or
>without the rubber portion.

It looks like this was a case for a "worm". I know now that "alingment" should have been alignment and "worm" was supposed to be worn. But at that time of night, I was misaligned on swamp joose with a somewhat worn doo-hickey....... untimely fingering. Y'all have been critical of my Canadian spelling before but not my misbehavin' fingers.

You say these rubber buttons had deteriorated to the point of flattening out and allowed the fallboard to set back/down farther toward the key buttons thus allowing said buttons to wedge.

How come keys stuck occasionally only in the treble, I ask?  NAH, I don't think so!  James, I think you'd better go back and check that stretcher. You'll find that some Hulk Hogan piano mover dislodged it and you disturbed it as you tuned.... sometime sticking, sometime not.

As for claims of fowl..... oops, sorry !!  That could get us back into the resin/rosin thing.  SORRY, TURKEY !!

John (flying high) Lillico, RPT,
Oakville, Ontario

"Feathered but not tarred"