Husband & Wife teams

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Wed, 24 May 2000 13:15:20 -0500

>One technician does not need the permission of another to start up in this
>business.  An existing technician does not own the market in a given area.
>Newcomers are free to compete for their market share.  Why wouldn't this
>same reasoning apply to Ra Byn and Tara?  Why can't they each be an
>independent contractor with their own business?...>Stacy Adams

Just one point of view on where this reasoning is not necessarily applicable:

When two persons are joined at the hip, it goes so much deeper than being a
newcomer or needing permission or competing, etc.  One spouse, during the
learning process can easily undermine the other's established business
position with a careless, non-intentional act or by exercising a degree of
lack of ability/understanding doing a job that causes some type of problem
that can result in undesirable consequences.  I've been there and don't
intend to go again.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731