Rippen stability

Mon, 22 May 2000 21:17:30 +0200

The laminated soundboard idea is exactly all about stability. Its supposed
to not crack as easy either. Knight pianos also employ this kinda
soundboard if I am not mistaken. On the side I have often wondered what
would happen if one was to try drying out one ply of such a panel (course
before glueing plys together) as one does for compression soundboards, and
then glueing it to the other ply (not dried) as one does with ribs (also as
in compression soundboards). Probably a stupid idea,,grin.. but I like to
take these blueberry trips in my mind from time to time..

--
Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.