The best and the richest

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sun, 21 May 2000 00:37:47 -0500

>But I am very interested in those who have
> achieved / are achieving the upper end of both the technical and financial
> within the piano industry.
>
> Seriously, I don't know how to even ask, but what might be some of the
keys
> to achieving BOTH, and  AT THE SAME TIME?
> Anybody care to expound?
>
> Brian Trout
> Quarryville, PA
> btrout@desupernet.net

The Key is in the phrase, "within the piano industry"  I would expand  this
to "within the Music Industry"
    What is the breakdown of your business as shown on your invoices?   How
much is the private home, how much is "music industry.
    If you are on your own and are trying to build a business, a good mix is
half homes, (ie calls from ads or Yellow Pages) and the music industry.
These (music industry) are calls for concerts, events, schools, churches,
studios, retail stores,
wholesale,  **venues**, ie the repeat customers who call every two three or
four days, weeks, or months.  The cash flow is in the music industry.  If
you want to wash your fingers in that , get in tune with the music
industry. ---ric