Going over it twice

Todd L. Mapes foxmeadow@freewwweb.com
Sat, 20 May 2000 06:39:07 -0500

Gang,

I'm interested in trying this technique that everyone is talking about;
however, I have yet to discern whether or not you pull in all the
unisons on the first pass.  I strip mute middle and upper sections, tune
all center strings to the top, then pull the mutes and tune unisons back
down to the treble break and drop down, tune the bass, then pull in the
unisons in the center section.  Do you folks tune only the center
strings of a strip muted piano on the first pass and then wait to pull
in unisons on the second pass? - or what?

Todd L. Mapes