pin driving fluid

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Sat, 20 May 2000 13:16:10 -0400

At 11:54 AM 05/20/2000 -0500, you wrote:
> >My understanding of Rosin is that it will increase pin tightness, torque
> >readings can get ridiculously high, or so I am told. I also understood that
> >Rosin increases the tendency to jerky pins...
> >
> >Fact or Fiction ??
>
>Sorry, zero for two. I've heart the same things, but it ain't so by my
>experience. Rosin not only won't raise pin torque, it lessens any tendency
>toward jumpiness. This opinion brought to you through the process of my
>having actually tried it - and you can too.
>
>Ron N

I've used rosin for the pins for nigh on 30 years now, ayot.

The biggest problem is finding it. If you go by a sporting goods store stop in
and look for a rosin bag. Most times they're out. I've had to hit a couple
places a few times. Buy extra.

Jumpy Pin Free Zone,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.