Pianocorder

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 19 May 2000 12:38:30 -0500

>Next week I have an appointment to tune a guy's piano which has
>a pianocorder installed in it. He says the damper pedal doesn't work.
>A friend of mine told me that the installation of the pianocorder
>actually messes up the pedal assembly and that it won't work
>correctly as long as the pianocorder is there.
>
>Anyone know what to do about this?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Martin

Yep, I've re-engineered three of them to get around the problems. All three
different. You have to design and build a system that will reasonably
re-establish the leverage ratios and still fit in the available space.
You'll probably have to re-invent the lyre bracing setup too. Some folks
may be able to do this kind of thing quickly and easily, but I assume a
full day's aggravation. I've never seen an installed system that didn't
trash pedal function, in either Pianocorder, or Pianodisc, though the
Pianodisc system is better.

Ron N