broken screw

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 19 May 2000 07:32:37 -0500

> He ground a small groove just to the right of center on the
>leading edge of the cap screw to form an auger point, just like the new
>auger point self drilling wood screws. I ran it back in to the piano. It
>cleaned the threads in the T nut and worked beautifully to smooth the hole
>and threads. I've tried this trick with other jammed threads and found it to
>work well in most cases.
>
>Paul Chick

Done that, and it's really slick when it works. Often things like this are
closer to working than they are to being "broke" and a little modification
can correct a problem without compromising function. Good tip for those of
us who take it personally when we're outsmarted by inanimate objects. I
hate that.

Ron N