Bösendorfer bass strings

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Thu, 18 May 2000 23:04:03 +0100

Hello,

We service a 275cm Bösendorfer in a concert hall.  It´s only eight years
old but I have been noticing that the bass strings are very...timid.
I´m scared stiff when I start going down the bass since the tunings are
most often a few hours prior to the concert.  The rendering starts being
very awkward on the first bass string, and all the way down.  The rest of
the grand is fine.
What would you recommend regarding lubrication? Protek?
It has to look fine.
I also thought that maybe this was a problem with the tuning pins being
stiff but I´m afraid to pull them too hard.
Any comments?

Kristinn Leifsson,
Reykjavík, Iceland