Going over it twice

Thu, 18 May 2000 20:58:19 +0200

Clyde I suppose I would have to aggree with Bill and others in this regard,
yet I am one of those who leans towards a very solid first pass. This may
account for the bit of extra time I take in relation to these fellows. I
have never seen a good consistant 45 minute tuning on a very out of tune
piano, but then I havent had the chance to watch one of these guys at work
so I dont really have any reason to doubt that it can be done.

Personally I am very comfortable with useing a bit over an hour on an
average tuning so for me this is not an issue really, still I would also
like to watch one of these fellows at work, just for edification if for
nothing else. I hear of this quite a bit actually, and if fellows like Bill
and Wim and the like can whip em out there as they claim, well hey.. more
power to them. Wim didnt get to be a CTE for no reason...grin.

I dont really think you should worry so much about trying to equal this
kinda thing. If you get really good tunings done in the course of 75
minutes, then you are not doing bad by any means. Not everyone is meant to
be able to do speed work.. I dont think I am one of them at any rate.

--
Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.