ET guitar (Bill and Ed)

Ola Andersson pianoola9@hotmail.com
Thu, 18 May 2000 19:10:57 GMT

Hei Thanks
Sorry for a late response but Norway had there national day yesterday.
I'm Not Norwigian.

I'm a guitar teacher so I tune alot guitars. Bill's way to tune the guitar
has helped me thrue the week saving me alot of time. I've also impressed
some people tuning loose string and trying three chords just to find
everything in tune.

Ed
I think you are right about the B string. I will try it out. I tune wide
4ths wide without having them to beat and then tune the G - B to about 8
beats. The guitars needs newer strings though. I will try the G - E sixth
also.

Bill
My biggest point is the feeling of streching in classical music but
streching less and temper the 5ths more playing jazz or rock with guitarist.
Having played doublebass yourself it would be intresting to have your
comment.

Thoughts
I don't have any idea of HT but I think that a steelstring acoustic
guitarist using alot loose strings change the tuning with the key he's
playing in. Other guitarist maybe tune more "ET" because of a more chromatic
playing style. Heavy guitarist loves pure 5ths and octavs. Thats all they
play isn't it. They need pure sounds because of the distortion (isn't that
strange?).

Bye

Ola  Andersson
Norway