Psychology

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Thu, 18 May 2000 13:56:32 +0100

I don´t know whether I should tell you this...

ahem...

here goes...

I´m very aware that the customer needs to feel at ease and trust the tuner.
 That´s why I´m always very polite in any way, (not like that stupid auto
mechanic I saw this morning).  This includes having impeccable phone
manners and using a well chosen section of my vocabulary and also
remembering to ask; "Is it alright that I lay this here?", when holding a
lid of some sorts.
Well, I also feel that the customer needs to feel he´s paying for something.
When I tune a piano that needs more than one tuning and I have to come back
and finish the job, perhaps the day after, I sometimes leave the unisons in
the middle with a little "whang, meow, or what you will" in them...
DELIBERATELY...I´m so sorry.
Please, I have no flame suit.

Sometimes the rough tunings can get pretty good and I just want to be sure
that the possibly tone deaf customer definitely hears a difference between
the fine and the rough tuning.

Am I evil? I don´t know!  Please help me.

Kristinn the Cruel,
Conqueror of Reykjavík, Iceland