45 min tunings

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Wed, 17 May 2000 21:24:52 +0100

In article <003a01bfbfb5$99f7c180$0100a8c0@john>, John M. Formsma
<jformsma@dixie-net.com> writes
>List,
>
>There has been mention on the list from those who routinely do a normal
>tuning in 45 minutes or less. For those of you who can do this aurally...

You must take into account where the piano is and how often it has been
tuned over the years.  A lot of the pianos in my area tend not to move
in pitch for years  so they are just touch ups and the one that do are
small seasonal pitches, so when you pull up or down the middle,  the
bass and top treble fall into place.  Thus speeding up the job in hand.

Take the same pianos and ship the over to Boston it would be quite a
deferent  story.  You probably would not get such an easy tuning.

Why only aurally?

Kind Regards

Barrie,

--
Barrie Heaton               Ý The U.K. Piano Page:
http://www.a440.co.uk       Ý http://www.uk-piano.org/