Glasses (was Re: %#@$pers)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 16 May 2000 08:38:30 -0500

>No comment on the <<(was Re: %#@$pers)>> part.  If I had written that, people
>would say I needed to be medicated and kicked off the List and out of PTG for
>it.  You see, it's all in whether you believe in and use HT's or not that
>matters.  Contrary to what they say, <<It's not the HT's, it's your
>*behavior* on the List!>>, yes, it's the HT's, believe me, it's the HT's.
>You're cool if you rant and rave, badmouth most pianos and most people that
>work on them and talk about how you're the only good guy in town.  That is,
>if you're an ET only guy.

That reads a lot like a comment, badmouthing, and a rant to me, or is it
just my imagination - or yours? Perhaps you haven't noticed, Bill, but when
you post something technical, you get civil responses and intelligent
discussion back - from most respondents, which is as good as it gets. Also,
who is it that is the only tuner on the planet that's good enough to be
capable of tuning the EBV, while ALL the rest are tuning either HTs or
mistaken RW? The problem is that we, as individuals, can't know everything
about everything. Even if we had a source for all the answers, we just
don't have the personal mental resources to pursue, absorb, and integrate
information that we don't consider relevant to our immediate and/or long
term survival. I pointed out problems that I think potential and practicing
rebuilders ought not to consider doing, and hopefully better alternative
methods, because I'm interested in rebuilding and would like to see all
practitioners of same, including me, improve their knowledge and skills.
Isn't this the same reason you have for your repeated posts about the
inadequacies you see in others' tunings, and your proposed improvements on
the status quo? Why is the fact that others aren't interested in your ideas
such a problem for you when your disinterest in their ideas doesn't
particularly bother them?

It's a mystery.

Ron N