PR in treble only

Charly Tuner charly_tuner@hotmail.com
Mon, 15 May 2000 17:24:13 PDT

I was wondering how many tuner/techs out there charge for a PR, when only
the treble, or about 1/3 of the piano is out? I find, at least when tuning
the new pianos at the store where I floor tune, that many pianos are withing
the "ballpark" in the bass and tenor, but from about f5 to nearly the end
the pitch is very flat. what I have been doing in these cases is to do a
quick PR in this range, then remute and start my fine tuning from A0. This
method leaves me with a pretty solid all arounf tuning, and I know that my
treble section will hold well.