Steinway console tuning/ G. Steck

Charly Tuner charly_tuner@hotmail.com
Sat, 13 May 2000 15:48:04 PDT

I was asked to tune a small George steck Grand the other day, and this was a
REAL challenge, quite comparable to the Steinway console "rendering"
problem. I applied protek liberally to all bearing points, but still, the
strings would hang up and rendering was VERY difficult,  from the agraffes,
to the v-bar, to the cappo..it was a bear! It is also a brand new piano, so
i was very frustrated with the situation. I was pounding so hard that I just
about gave up, but thanfully got through it. I hope I NEVER see that piano
again!

Terry Peterson
Los Angeles, CA
Associate Member, PTG