annoying posts - new solutions

Gina Carter ginacarter@carolina.rr.com
Sat, 13 May 2000 08:13:41 -0400

Patrick, and All,

Absolutely agree - kudos, many of them to Andy!

One thing neither Andy nor the EC can do, as Andy has stated over and over
and over, is ban anyone nor anything reasonable (exclusive of spam and smut)
from the pianotech list. This is an "unmoderated" list meaning that, to
semi-quote Andy, it moderates itself.

Every so often this topic arises. Some people want it totally and completely
technical; some would like it very social; some are just content to let it
be itself.

Based on my own observations, pianotech really does moderate itself. When
someone gets too far out of line, someone else calls them to task (sometimes
later rather than sooner imho <g>); when some use html rather than plain
text, the irate message flow; when others do things that tick off some,

We are a very eclectic group of people. To mis-quote Abe, you can't please
all of us all of the time. I'm still trying to learn to go with the flow,
and it _is_  very often difficult to follow that advice. I just have to
replace my delete key frequently, and I've really learned how to use
filters. :-)

Gina