A new tool for the tool box

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Thu, 11 May 2000 22:26:00 -0400

..just got back from the emergency room - I'm fine - but I'm gonna make a
suggestion to those who don't carry this tool in their tool box, because you
should - I will be starting tomorrow....safety glasses.

I was lucky this time - my cornea is scratched - it could have been worse..here's
what happened:

Working under a piano today getting a sqeek out of the trap work..had to take
part of the trapwork apart to correct the squeek..you know the scenario - working
on your back - unscrewing wood screws, etc. etc...well, a small piece of wood
must have made its way into my right eye..i felt it right away, but I thought it
would go away..it didn't..or it did eventually, but left a pretty good scratch on
the cornea.

I paid less than $10 for 3 pair of safety glasses for the shop..those 3 pair
sitting in a tool box in the shop didn't do me any good today..

I can assure you as sure as I am writing this that a pair of safety glasses will
be a part of my regular tool kit come the morning.

I don't wanna come off soundy preachy - i just don't want anyone to have to go
through the discomfort that is associated with a scratched cornea..it can be
avoided.

A lesson learned,

Rook