A Career Question

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Thu, 11 May 2000 12:31:07 -0400

Brian,

Because I don't have one, I'm tempted to advise you to "don't give up that pension". At 38, you've got a long life ahead of you. I envy that full time job plus your six week waiting list with piano service clients.

As for the home front, this is something only you can answer.

When you are in business for yourself and things get rough, it becomes a survival of the fittest. You have to be self-disciplined (I'm no good at that) and save for that rainy day. (No good at that either.)

Have you considered a couple of options, such as;
a) a year's leave of absence, or
b) becoming a part-time fire fighter?

I'm a gambler at heart, so a move like you're contemplating wouldn't bother me. But, then again, I have nothing to lose. After 36 years in this business, I only wish I had stashed away some of the loot.

Good luck to you.

John Lillico, RPT
Oakville, ON  Canada