yamaha

Ron Overs sec@overspianos.com.au
Thu, 11 May 00 08:10:20 +1000

Pat and list,

>list,  does anyone have the age of this 48"  yamaha UIE493270  it is not in
>my piece at;as 9th edition.  thanks Pat

Yamahas are one of the easiest pianos to date.

Two nunbers are printed on a Yamaha action. Apart from the serial number,
there is another number located on the action. If piano is an upright
(vertical), it will be located on the action rail at the treble end. It
can be seen by looking down from the top without removing the top door.
If its a grand piano, it will be located at the treble end of the action
on the uppermost action standard (bracket). You will need to pull the
action out to read it.

The first two digits of this number will tell you the year of
manufacture. I do not know the significance of the other digits.

Regards,

Ron E. Overs

Overs Pianos, Sydney Australia
Email:   sec@overspianos.com.au