The Bumblebee/Piano Model Myth

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 10 May 2000 13:23:00 -0500

>Ha ha. Just the reason I say we need to develop and calibrate proper dynamic
>models for the physical behaviour of the piano....the textbook models
>currently available are as uselss as a smooth bumblebee's wings.
>
>Stephen

So do it! Wade in and kick up some dust. If you need unlimited funding
guarantees just to get started, you must not want it very badly. If you
wanted it badly enough, you'd be making it happen, or at least trying to,
but in either case it wouldn't be because you can't get someone else to pay
for it. Bemoaning the lack of funding on the List strikes me as a good way
to end up sitting in the corner with Charles Babbage.

Ron N