Flushing Out Fabric Softener

Merrill49@AOL.COM Merrill49@AOL.COM
Wed, 10 May 2000 13:43:23 EDT

Hi List:

Another technician sprayed the hammers of a school Yamaha P22 with an unknown
fabric softener solution some years back.  The hammers have developed a
crispy surface at the strike point resulting in a brittle sound.  I recall
y'all discussing flushing out treated hammer felts with a solution.  What is
a good solution mix to use?  I assume I would need to remove the hammers from
the action and dip the ends in the solution to keep from making a mess.
Right?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Tom Merrill, Associate
Grand Junction, CO