Parking and safety in Arlington

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Sun, 07 May 2000 17:25:04 -0400

Having lived in the area, I can say that I would not be concerned
about crime in this area. Even most of the popular spots in DC.

Certain sections of DC (over the river from Crystal City)) are a different
story.
The place is chock full of crooks, thieves, liars and scallywags.
But if you stay out of the Capital Building the chances of running into
them lessen.

You stand a better chance of getting ripped off when Congress is in session
than
walking around the city.

Regards,

Jon Page

At 03:44 PM 05/07/2000 -0500, you wrote:
> From the FWIW Dept,
>
>1) We have negotiated the parking rate at the hotel- for PTG attendees
>staying at the hotel, $12 per day, covered parking, unlimited in/out
>privileges.
>2) At the Sky Park lot nearby- $9 per day outdoor parking for PTG attendees.
>
>For those flying in- one of the main advantages to the host hotel is the
>proximity to Washington National Airport. The hotel runs free shuttles to
>and from the airport.
>
>In two visits to the site, I was never concerned about personal safety.
>
>I hope you all will consider attending the convention. The Home Office,
>Institute Committee and Host Chapter has done everything we know to do to
>make this Convention the best experience ever.
>
>Best regards,
>Dale
>Dale Probst, RPT
>Institute Director, TEAM2000