"New" old uprights Costs

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Sun, 7 May 2000 11:31:42 EDT

In a message dated 05/06/2000 7:26:00 PM Central Daylight Time,
Wimblees@AOL.COM writes:

> The $6993 is what it would cost a customer to do what is listed. I have
never

>  charged that much to a customer to rebuild an upright piano, because I try
>  discourage that kind of thing.

Why discourage it?  Why not let the customer decide?  I would not be so
presumptuous as to decide what they feel the value of their piano is. I give
them the "honest" facts (I say honest because you have a tendency to jump to
the conclusion of misrepresentation on this end) and let them decide.

>  In your previous post you said "If someone wants to sell an upright
>   that has been completely rebuilt, for $7500, he is either not doing
>   everything necessary, or he is cheating himself."  Now you are saying for
>   that kind of money you expect the piano to be completely rebuilt.  Which
is

>   it?

I ask again, Which is it?

>  Which does he do, completely rebuild the piano for $7500, or sell if for
>  $7500 claiming it has been rebuilt, when in actuality it hasn't? If he is
> not
>  completely rebuilding it, then he should say so. If he is completely
>  rebuilding, but only charging $7500, then he is cheating himself.
>
>  Willem

What we do is list the things that have been done to the piano, simple
enough, honest enough and apparently profitable enough!

Dave
DFW Texas