downbearing

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sun, 7 May 2000 00:00:11 -0500

> >Not the first place I'd look. Try a quick voicing test - borrow a
> >shank/hammer from the fifth octave of a B or D you know sounds ok. My
guess
> >is your D will perk up.
> >Bob D
>
> Check, hammer length against hammer flange center pin height and string
height
> and squareness to shank.
>
> Replace hammers with Abels  :-)
>
> Regards,
> Jon Page,   piano technician

Check and see if it is a striking point problem.
I heard of techs experimenting with hammer shank length (ie striking point).
It couldn't be more than 2 or 3 mm.   Also the glue has to be dry.  I
thought they moved the hammers out.   In the area of the first Capo.  Heard
this  capo warps or something out of the casting.  The upper terminations
are only with 2 or 3 mm of the drawing board.    ---ric