Another day in the Life

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Sat, 06 May 2000 16:29:42 +0100

Dear Mr. Goodale,

I was wondering about the chemistry here.  According to the law of
Avogadro, the volume of gaseous elements is the same, if the molar number
is the same.  A certain amount of the element therefore causes a certain
pressure.

So if you have the volume of a concert hall you can fit the same amount of
moles of a gaseous element in there, regardless of the element or actual
atomic size in this case, however well your understanding of the periodic
table is in that regard.
The end result would then be; everyone in the upper balcony dies but the
pitch of the harmonium stays the same.

PV=nrt    (Where P=pressure V=volume n=moles r=0,0082 and t=temperature in °K)

Correct me if I´m wrong,

Kristinn Leifsson,
Reykjavík, Iceland