Dampp-Chaser

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Fri, 05 May 2000 22:18:29 +0200

Kristinn Leifsson wrote:

> drumroll...
>
> I have a piano related question.
>
> What do you tell people you´re trying to sell a Dampp-Chaser/humidifier
> system?

I tell them that the piano will be much more stable over the long term, live a
longer happier life and give them much more enjoyment out of their piano
through the years, and I explain why.

> That they could save every other tuning?  Hardly?

I dont tell them this directly as it isnt neccesarily true. But I do tell them
that climate related problems with tuning stability are greatly eased.

> Do you install the system, and after that, tune the piano some days later?

Depends on the present climatic conditions. If you are in a period of the year
where the relative humidity is fairly stable around 42% (and the piano is
already tuned) then just do the install. If its out of tune, then I tune it.
If the humidity is stable but more then 10-15 % awrigh of that then I wait a
month and then tune it. Works good for me anyways.

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.