"New" old uprights Costs

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Fri, 5 May 2000 14:05:33 EDT

In a message dated 05/04/2000 10:18:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
Wimblees@AOL.COM writes:

> In other words, if someone wants to sell an upright that has been
completely
>  rebuilt, for $7500, he is either not doing everything necessary, or he is
>  cheating himself.
>
>  Willem

Here we go again with definition problems.  I did not say "completely
rebuilt,"  I said "restored." and my mistake was not specificaly itemizing
the exact work performed.

Most of the time his work does not include pin block, treble bridge or
soundboard replacement nor does it include shank, butt or wippen replacement
though it would include repinning loose flanges. It does include replacement
of capstan felts and key bed felts and the rest of what you listed. He does
what needs to be done and no more.
Also the costs for our labor here is very reasonable that may be a part of
his what seems to be low prices.
I will be more specific in defining restorations in the future.
David
DFW Texas