Bridge Repair

Fri, 5 May 2000 12:01:50 -0400

On Fri, 5 May 2000 08:05:00 -0500 "Paul" <tunenbww@clear.lakes.com>
writes:
> Newton
> To get epoxy to flow into bridge cracks etc., I spread in on the
> crack and apply a little heat with my heat gun...goes in like CA.
>
> Paul Chick

Hi Paul -

I agree, this works marvelously well, and I do the same.  However, a word
of caution...

A fellow I know whose field of expertise is chemical safety claims that
heating up epoxy like this releases very toxic gases.  It is highly
advisable to wear a good respirator, or at the very least, have a very
strong flow of fresh air taking the fumes away from you.

The smell of the fumes is not that strong, which leads one to think that
they are likely not too toxic.  It would be nice if one could trust that
means of identifying those chemicals harmful to us, but alas...

Now if they could just make it smell like bread was baking in the
oven.....!

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com