Steinway rails

Doug Mahard nlm@csu.cted.net
Fri, 5 May 2000 06:26:46 -0400

> I am wondering if the greenish tarnish left over from vertigri on Steinway
> action rails will contaminate future action parts?

Hi David,

With a good polishing compound and some effort you can remove the dreaded
green stuff.  I use Cape Cod Cloth and a tooth brush.   I can't tell you if
it has the chance of infecting new parts.  I would imagine it would if you
left it on there.

Regarding your other post about the split rail, my take is your better off
replacing it even if the screws all presently tighten down.

Have a good weekend.

Doug Mahard