DC water treatment (not Washington DC)

Ruth Phillips webb1@bellatlantic.net
Thu, 4 May 2000 17:22:02 -0400

Hi Carol,
    You're right about that - if there are insufficient
electrolytes in the water to conduct electricity through
it, the current gets redirected to the light.  Before the
treatment was available, we'd have people use a pinch
of salt at the first filling (only).  Now that 1/2 capful
does it.  If not, try just a little more, or a cup of tap
water.  If the tap water is really hard or they have
a saline-based water softener, it won't take much.
    We're really looking forward to the trip to your
DC.  Thanks for the updates.
Ruth