The most unique place in D.C.

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 3 May 2000 11:55:10 EDT

<<Carol Beigel, RPT

10 miles East of the White House>>

Many Thanks to our intrepid White House Connected on site reporter! :-)
  Some other sights that should not be missed, in my opinion:
1. Jefferson Memorial at night both up close and from across the pool/creek.
2. The reflecting pool, viewed from the bridge at ??street. (Carol?)
3. Lincoln Memorial at night.
4. The White house at night.
5. During the early morning hours (4-6AM) when the traffic is light, noise is
low and people are scarce...the Wall...... and especially the statute of the
three Vietnam era soldiers in the cospe of trees on the same side of the mall
as the Wall, at the White House end.
 All these are free and you can see them all with one parking/trip. Plus a
lesurely stroll around the reflecting pool amongst all the surrounding
history is relaxing, informative and very peaceful indeed..besides after
sitting all day long for a day or so you need the exercise!!!......no need to
worry about trouble in this area except perhaps from some Senator throwing
his lover in the reflecting
pool :-)
  Come, enjoy, relax and treat yourself to good sights, good company and good
Jim Bryant (FL)