muting the sound of a grand

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 03 May 2000 10:09:28 -0500

>He asked me yesterday what recommendations I might suggest to make the
>piano significantly muted so that he can practice without disturbing the
>neighbors too much.  (We have already voiced the piano down as far as he
>wanted me to go.)

So where are all the posts with the obvious suggestion? Build him a
muffler, like the "practice" rails on verticals. I wouldn't think it would
be all that tough, and will probably take care of the problem short of
filling the piano with packing peanuts. Then again, that might be
interesting too.

Ron N