WORST mishap...

Roger C Hayden rchayden2@juno.com
Tue, 2 May 2000 21:30:19 -0400

How many times have I moved a piano and said, "Let it go!"  Once.  Two
fridays ago, the left leg of my 'favorite piano from Hades" pulled out of
its shoe plates and rolled under the key bed, the left corner of the
piano hitting the floor, then the right leg kicked out of it's shoe, and
the right side hit the floor.  I stood back and let it go!!

The floor is in the basement, a raised wood floor set on the concrete.
The legs got beat up a bit, two edges of the case got marked, and I
quipped to myself,  "Just more of the same!"   I finished the piano last
weekend, it sounds fine, and shipped it back to the refinishers for a
thorough touch-up.

A buddy of mine, helping at refinishing years ago didn't let an upright
go, and mangled his finger tips into the concrete.  I can still feel his
pain.

Roger Hayden, RPT

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 20:55:44 -0500 Richard Anderson
<tknostf@foxvalley.net> writes:
> After reading other responses I'm feeling pretty lucky, but I'll
> admit to;
>
> dropping a leg on my foot and breaking a toe,
>
> removing part of a fingertip with a damper felt guillotine,
>
> grinding my forearm with the angle grinder and 24 grit disk while
> fitting a
> new block (cradled it in my arm and hit the paddle switch).
>
> Now here's my question; how many times while moving a piano have you
> said
> "let it go!"?
>
> --
> Richard Anderson